Last week after making a huge crock pot of shredded pork, I had a lot left over I wanted to use up. Pork is an interesting meat because it really takes on the flavors added to it and soaks them up. The pork we used for our Shredded Pork Tacos was slightly sweet but more spicy. After a day in the fridge the pork became really sweet. It just soaked up that brown sugar.
My husband loves nachos so I figured sweet pork paired with some creamy Mexican cheese and fresh tomatoes would be a good combo and an EASY dinner. Also we had a bag of “Hint of Lime” Tostitos chips so it was a no brainer. Those chips are too insanely good to describe. Because the meat was already made, all I needed to do was throw the ingredients onto a baking pan and cook for 15 minutes. I made a small side salad to go with it and we had an easy but yummy dinner.
- Shredded sweet pork (recipe here)
- Cojita or Mexican farmers queso white cheese (I used the farmers queso—it is so creamy!)
- Tortilla chips, 1 bag (Hint of Lime chips if you have them)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (approx. 2 cups)
- Diced tomatoes (1-2 tomatoes)
Sprinkle a layer of cheese over chips, then pork, then tomatoes, Mexican cheese, and more cheddar on top. Bake at 415 F for 15 minutes.
Serve with a side salad and you’ve got a great meal.