A couple weeks ago I made this when friends came over for dinner. I always get nervous making a new dish when guests come but yet I ALWAYS seem to be doing it! Oh man I don’t know why I do that to myself. But this was amazing. Like delicious. I tripled the sauce recipe because it was that good. And then that week I ate it on salads and and sandwiches (like the turkey club I just posted). Please make this salmon next time you need a nice but easy meal. It is delicious.
Original recipe from Cooking Classy here. GREAT site!!
Ingredients, Lemon Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce:
- 4 6-oz salmon fillets
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Creamy Dill Sauce (I tripled this! But do what you think is best ;)
- 1/3 cup fat free plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise (full fat)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced (I used minced garlic in olive oil)
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill (They were out of fresh dill at my grocery store so I used dried and chopped it up and it was still so good)
- 2 - 3 tsp milk
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon zest and lemon juice. Grease a 13 by 9-inch baking dish and place salmon fillets in baking dish. Season tops of salmon with salt and pepper then rotate to opposite side. Drizzle tops evenly with lemon mixture and gently rub over salmon, then season tops with salt and pepper. Let rest at room temperature 10 minutes, then bake in preheated oven 12 - 16 minutes, or until salmon has cooked through (cook time will vary based on thickness of fillets and how well done you liked them). Serve warm topped with Creamy Dill Sauce.
- For the sauce:
- In a bowl, mix together Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic, dill, honey, and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Store in refrigerator, allow to rest at room temperature 20 minutes before serving (just so it's not ice cold over warm salmon).
Recipe Source: Cooking Classy