Because I love pasta I of course love salads even more than have some starch in them! I found this recipe on Pinterest from Alchemy Baking, but didn’t have all the ingredients so I adapted it slightly. It turned out delicious!! The mixture of the salty soy sauce in the dressing, along with the tangy rice vinegar and limes, and the sweet agave nectar with the chilled veggies and ramen noodles was just a great combo. This salad is great as a side or as a main dish. I was craving BBQ chicken so I made that as a side, even though it didn’t really seem to go together but they actually tasted good together.
Ingredients for Salad:
- 1 packet ramen noodles cooked, tossed in olive oil, and chilled (just the noodles, trash the powder)
- 1/4 bunch of cilantro, chopped or torn
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 package shredded carrots
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 head of red cabbage, shredded or sliced
- 1/3 bag baby spinach, chopped thin
- 1/3 c. rice vinegar
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 1/8 c. soy sauce
- garlic salt
- 1/4 c. agave nectar (to taste)
- juice of 1 lime
Once you combine all the salad ingredients, mix with the dressing. I didn’t end up needing all the dressing (would have been too saucy) so add it slowly. Chill before serving!