I found the original recipe for this salad here and altered it slightly based on what I had at home, and based on the fact that we can’t have peanut products in our house because of my son’s allergy. Here is what I used for my adapted recipe.
- 2 cups sliced matchstick carrots
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 small bag baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 2 chopped green onions
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, shredded or cut in small pieces (I cooked these in the crock pot with soy sauce, honey, and red pepper flakes)
- cilantro for topping of salad
- limes for juice & garnish For chicken coating:
- juice from 2 limes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
Also, dress with lots of lime juice! It helped really add freshness to the salad.