Friday, August 30, 2013

Ciabatta Roll Avocado BLT

  No comments    
categories: , , ,
Avocado BLT2
This meal is so easy and tasty, it’s always a favorite with my husband (and I love it because it takes hardly any time or prep). A friend brought us some tomatoes from her garden this week so I thought it’d be a perfect use for some good, ripe tomatoes.
Ingredients:
  • Bacon
  • Ciabatta rolls (or any kind of nice rolls)
  • Tomatoes
  • Avocado
  • Romaine Lettuce
  • Mayo
IMG_9751
Start by cooking the bacon. The best way I’ve tried is in the oven. No splatters, no cooking it in grease. Just take a cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet, spread out the bacon, and bake at 415 degrees F for about 15 minutes.IMG_9752
Next slice your rolls and lay them out on a different cookie sheet. Spray with cooking spray and set aside. Then slice the toppings.
IMG_9757
Baked bacon just tastes better than pan-fried. It isn’t as greasy, it’s crispy, and keeps its shape better.IMG_9761
My husband usually can’t stand mayo, but for whatever reason he likes it on a BLT. Don’t forget the avocado! Best part in my book ;)IMG_9759

0 comments:

Post a Comment