Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Avocado BLT Spinach Salad

  No comments    
categories: , , , ,
Avocado BLT SALAD There’s something about bacon and avocado together that I love. The other week a friend brought us some fresh cherry tomatoes from her garden and I thought they’d be the perfect complement in this salad. Here are the ingredients, which I just eyeball:
  • Spinach
  • Cherry tomatoes, chopped
  • Tomatoes off the vine, chopped
  • Red onions, diced or sliced in thin strips
  • Diced avocadoes Cooked bacon (I usually make a couple slices for each person eating—click here to see how I cook my bacon in the oven. It’s so much easier, cleaner, and healthier than on the stovetop!)
  • Splash of olive oil and vinegar
  • Salt and pepper to taste
I actually don’t put a dressing on this salad, just a splash of olive oil & vinegar with a little salt & pepper. The avocadoes get so creamy when the salad is mixed up that you don’t need the dressing. But if you do prefer dressing Caesar tastes great!

0 comments:

Post a Comment