Original recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie here: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/09/27/new-recipe-sugar-free-cookie-dough-dip/
This dip is amazing! I ate it with apples every day for a week until it was gone. You will not believe what’s in it could taste good, but just trust me, it’s delicious! I had to make my husband try it before I told him the ingredient list.
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained) (250g)
- heaping 1/8 tsp salt
- tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 T plus 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup nut butter (You can get away with using only 3 T. If you use peanut butter, some people say it has a slight “pb cookie dough” taste, so you can sub oil if you don’t want that.)
- 1 and 1/4 cup pitted dates (I used SunMaid, from a regular grocery store)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (see link below, for sugar-free option)
- 2 T oats (You can omit)
- nondairy milk as needed (depending on the consistency you want. I used a few T.)
In a bowl, cover the dates with 1/2 cup water. Let this sit for at least 8 hours. Then add all ingredients (including the dates’ soaking liquid), except chocolate chips, to a food processor and blend until very smooth.
If you wish, you can use: Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips.