Okay here it is. My favorite salad. Of all time. This steak salad was inspired by a steak salad I ate at one of my favorite restaurants (Redstone) and tried to recreate at home once they took it off their menu. It is delicious! If you sear the large flank of steak in hot hot oil on both side, then let it rest, then slice it your meat will be so juicy. It makes me salivate. Now every time I go to restaurants I look for a steak salad because they are just so satisfying.
- 1 lb. sirloin/strip/flank steak, seared, topped with salt, sliced
- 1 c. grapes, halved
- 5-6 strips bacon, cooked, sliced (see my details about cooking bacon in the oven here)
- 1/2 c. bleu cheese (or feta or gorgonzola)
- 1 c. candied walnuts or pecans (see tutorial here)
- 1/2 red onion, diced into tiny pieces
- raspberry vinaigrette
- 1 bag spinach
Mix all ingredients and dress to taste right before eating. You can thank me later. This salad is delicious and it’s so filling too. The sweet grapes and nuts paired with the salty steak and bacon, with the kick from the red onions and cheese is too good.
I try to prep my ingredients for this throughout the day so it’s not a rush at dinner time. The bacon and nuts can be done ahead of time and everything can be chopped and ready in the fridge until the steak is done. You must try it!