Monday, January 20, 2014

Bacon & Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapeños

  No comments    

Bacon, Pepper, and Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos

Lately I have had such a hankering for spicy foods. We’ve gone through more hot sauce in a month than we did in years of being married. I’ve also been adding fresh diced jalapenos to pretty much everything I can. So one week when I was meal planning I thought—let’s just make these things the meal. And it was amazing. Like amazing you can’t stop eating them and think about them when you’re done. The filling is insane. Cream cheese, cream, peppers, bacon, cayenne, and cheese of course. The filling tasted good before I cooked it but after I cooked the peppers the filling melded together in a most wonderful cheesy, bacon-y way. Bacon really does just add some kind of depth to flavor I can’t explain. Also I added diced red peppers though no recipes I saw called for anything fresh. I must say it really needed it though because without the peppers to break up the creaminess it’s almost too rich.

Also, bonus, this meal is EASY. Well if you consider 4 of these with nothing else an acceptable meal. Which my husband and I did. Here’s how I made them:

Ingredients:

  • Half block cream cheese
  • 10  jalapeños, sliced down the middle and de-seeded
  • 1/2 c. grated cheese (I used colby jack)
  • 4 tbsp. heavy cream
  • 2 tbsp. mayo
  • 1 red pepper, diced
  • six strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled or chopped small
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper
  • 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional, like I said I’m into spicy right now!) 
  • 1/2 sleeve Ritz crackers (or other cracker) crumbled for top

Combine all ingredients except jalapeños and crackers in mixer and whip until combined. Place filling in a Ziploc bag and put in freezer for 10 minutes or fridge for 20-30 minutes to chill. Place jalapeños on a baking sheet (I lined mine with foil). Cut off corner of bag and pipe filling into jalapeños(I filled them pretty high—as full as I could). Cover with crumb topping and bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!Bacon, Pepper, and Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos

Bacon, Pepper, and Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos  Bacon, Pepper, and Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos

0 comments:

Post a Comment