Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Gluten/Dairy/Egg Free Banana Bread

  No comments    

Gluten, Dairy, Egg Free Banana Bread

I think this is the 4th recipe for banana bread I’ve posted on this blog! I have a weakness for banana bread, clearly. And since I’ve been trying out healthier options of my favorite foods while trying to lose the last of my baby weight, it was only natural to experiment with some banana bread. It’s one of those comfort foods for me. And I was determined to find a healthier way to make it so I could indulge without all the guilt. I was so impressed with how light and clean this bread turned out, and how the consistency was still really great even with no eggs!

Ingredients:

  • 1 c. coconut oil
  • 1 c. light brown sugar
  • 1/4 c. white sugar
  • 4 large very ripe bananas
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 c. applesauce
  • 1 1/2 c. brown rice flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixer cream coconut oil and sugars. Let mix for 3-4 minutes until it’s light and fluffy. Add vanilla, applesauce, and mashed bananas and let mix again. Meanwhile in a separate bowl combine brown rice flour and additional dry ingredients. Slowly add to wet mixture. Pour batter into greased bread pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Gluten, Dairy, Egg Free Banana Bread Gluten, Dairy, Egg Free Banana Bread

0 comments:

Post a Comment