Usually I think I can just throw together some ingredients when it comes to guacamole, and have it turn out well. After a couple of tries with that and the guac just being okay, I decided to look up Chipotle’s delicious guacamole recipe. I found it on PopSugar with a collaboration they did with Chipotle here.Turns out I should have done this long ago. This was the best homemade guacamole I’ve ever made. I couldn’t eat enough of it. Next time you need some guac, try this recipe (and make lots ;) I was a little skeptical of the lemon juice, but trust me it’s delicious. They called for serrano chiles which I didn’t have so I substituted a jalapeno instead.
Ingredients, Chipotle Copycat Guacamole:
- 3 large avocadoes
- 1 tbsp. citrus juice (lemon & lime combined – fresh juice)
- 1 1/2 c. cilantro, chopped fine
- 1/2 red onion, diced very thin
- 1/2 jalapeno, diced small (remove seeds unless you want it really spicy)
- 1/2 tsp salt (add more if needed)