This is one of my favorite salad recipes! It is so easy, so healthy, and so fresh. You can add more of what you like or keep it simple.
Ingredients, Mango Salsa Chicken Salad
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2-3 c. mango salsa (we love the kind from Costco)
- 1 head cleaned & chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 bell peppers diced in strips
- Olive oil
- Fajita seasoning (I make it homemade with cumin, garlic salt, and chili powder)
- 2 avocados
- cilantro & lime for garnish
- optional: cheese, tortilla strips, black beans (when I’m trying to keep it light I leave these off but they are delicious on top too!)
- Cilantro lime ranch dressing (see recipe here)
- Start your recipe early in the day by placing your chicken in the crock pot and adding 1-2 cups of mango salsa. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Once you are ready to assemble the salad, remove the chicken, cut it into chunks or shred it, and then add another 1 c. of mango salsa. Mix salsa in and set aside chicken in a bowl.
- Once you’ve cleaned and chopped your romaine, set that aside as well.
- Next, add a small amount of olive oil to a pan and saute the bell peppers with 1-2 tbsp. of fajita seasoning until soft.
- Dice avocados & limes, and prep any other toppings you’d like.
- Assemble salad by placing the chopped romaine in a bowl, then the sauteed bell peppers, then mango chicken, then top with avocados, lime juice, cilantro & dressing.
- Add any additional toppings you’d like!