Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Activity Days: Easter Craft, Treat, Lesson

  No comments    
I was recently called to be the activity days leader—quite possibly one of the best callings ever created. I get to teach lessons, do crafts, learn skills, and cook with the 8-11 year-old girls from church. IMG_3386
IMG_3438Last week was my first lesson. I wanted to have a lesson, craft, and treat. Details are below.
First I did the lesson. I followed the 12 Days of Easter lesson found here: http://anordinarymom.wordpress.com/2009/03/26/the-easter-story-in-eggs/
image
I had each girl grab an egg when she came in, look up the scripture, and read/explain it for everyone. Then I shared a couple stories and testimonies of prophets as well.
Next for our craft, the “He is Risen” print. I made mine beforehand so I could help the girls. I wanted to have a craft that focused on Christ, as opposed to lots of egg and bunny crafts I saw online. I thought it would be good to emphasize how Latter-day Saints focus on the Resurrection when they think of Easter, rather than the crucifixion. I hope this can be a celebratory thing for the girls. I made the prints beforehand and gave the girls options to choose from:
IMG_3375
Once they chose a print it was time to paint the (Dollar store) frames in a color of their choice:IMG_3371IMG_3372
I had pre-made all these bunting banners for each girl:IMG_3373
Finished product! We had so much fun.IMG_3387
Then we frosted some sugar cookies. IMG_3436IMG_3431IMG_3441IMG_3438
Happy Easter!

0 comments:

Post a Comment