Every recipe from Pinch of Yum is amazing. I can’t get over how she combines such fresh flavors to create healthy meals that are really filling and satisfying. This garlic and herb squash “pasta” dish with toasted pine nuts is so delicious. And filling! We loved it. She originally made this recipe with spaghetti squash but all I had was zucchini on hand so I used a veggie spiralizer to turn it into pasta. I also subbed sharp white cheddar cheese for gruyere. It was a perfect. My changes are noted in the directions.
Another great thing about this recipe is it takes only about 15 minutes total! Enjoy.
- 3 medium zucchinis, spiralized into “pasta”
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil (sage is also yummy)
- ¾ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese or gruyere
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat 2½ tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic & zucchini and cook for about 5 minutes, until zucchini is softened.
- Once zucchini is slightly softened, stir in vinegar, herbs, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook for about 2 minutes to heat through. Remove from heat and stir in Gruyère cheese, then top with pine nuts. Taste and add salt or pepper if desired. Top with more fresh parsley.