Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Lion House Rolls

  4 comments    

Make these as soon as you can. They are the most pillow-y, soft, tasty rolls I’ve ever made from scratch. I think this will be my new go-to bread recipe!

IMGP6108

LION HOUSE DINNER ROLLS
2 TBL yeast
2 cups warm water
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
2 tsp salt
2/3 cup nonfat dry milk
1 egg
6 cups flour
Dissolve yeast in water. Add all ingredients except 3-4 cups of flour in a bread mixer. Mix until smooth. Gradually add the remaining flour. Don't knead. (Mix for about 30 seconds after last cup of flour.) Place dough in a greased bowl, cover with a towel or plastic wrap, and let rise until doubled, about an hour.

Punch down dough. Flour a surface and dump dough onto it. Divide dough into three equal sections. Roll each section into a circle (about 12 inches in diameter) and cut each circle into 12 slices (like a pizza). Roll each slice from biggest end to smallest end (like a croissant) and place on a greased cookie sheet (they can all fit on one large cookie sheet). Cover and let rise until doubled.

Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Top with butter at once.
Serve with honey butter.

IMGP6093

IMGP6094IMGP6103IMGP6110

*Note: I made the full recipe, but froze half as I do with most of my doughs. Half of it still made a full cookie sheet of rolls (16 rolls). Recipe could easily be halved.

4 comments:

  1. Made these babies on Sunday. I won't even admit how many I ate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these last night and they are just as good as you said! I can't wait to makes these again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow yours look fabulous. i love this recipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Useful info. Hope to see more good posts in the future. long grain brown rice Quality I am impressed by the quality of information on this website. There are a lot of good resources here. I am sure I will visit this place again soon.

    ReplyDelete