I love to experiment with new kinds of burgers. The other week I cooked a burger in our favorite BBQ sauce – Carolina Gold BBQ sauce from Trader Joes, topped it with Trader Joes guac and some cheese and tomatoes, and it was the best flavor combo. The whole time we were eating them we couldn’t believe how well the flavors went together. The trick is to actually cook the burger in BBQ sauce – not just put it on top. This is such an easy dinner or meal – you should try it!
- Ground beef
- Sliced cheese
- Trader Joes Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce
- Guacamole (we love the guac shown below from Trader Joes – it’s made with greek yogurt)
- Sliced tomatoes
- Hamburger buns
- Seasonings for meat (my special burger seasoning combo is below):
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Place skillet pan on stove and turn heat to medium high.
- Meanwhile, form patties from ground beef. Season each side with seasonings listed above (or your own mixture!)
- Turn patties out onto pan once it’s hot. Cover.
- After 2-4 minutes on the first side (depending on how done you like your burgers and depending on how hot your pan is), flip burger (make sure both sides are seasoned).
- Cover again and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- While burger is still in pan, turn heat down to medium low and pour some BBQ sauce over the burger it. Enough to make sure it is covered.
- Cover and cook again for 1-2 minutes.
- Then place cheese on top and cover for another minute, until melted.
- Serve on buns, and add guacamole and tomatoes to burger. Also add more BBQ sauce to the buns before serving.