A couple weeks ago we had the most amazing Sweet Potato Bowls for dinner, which I’ll be posting about next, but first I wanted to share the chicken recipe. It was DELICIOUS. The seasoning was just so good and the meat the perfect texture from cooking all day in the crock pot on low. I used this copycat Cafe Rio chicken recipe from Today’s Creative Blog.
Ingredients, Cafe Rio Crock Pot Shredded Chicken:
- 2 pounds chicken - boneless & skinless
- 1/2 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic (I use more like a full tablespoon)
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 (1 oz) packet Ranch Dressing Mix (mix with 1/2 cup water)
- Place all your ingredients except for the chicken into your crockpot. Stir.
- Add your chicken
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours. I flipped the chicken half way through.
- Once your chicken is done, remove just the chicken and shred using 2 forks. Replace the shredded chicken back into the crockpot and mix well with the left over juice.
- Serve in salads, burritos, tacos, burrito bowls!