Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Candy Cane Fudge

  No comments    

Easy Candy Cane Fudge

Every year I make two candy recipes for Christmas—easy easy caramels and candy cane fudge. I’m getting the caramel recipe ready now to post as well. I can’t even tell you how easy this fudge is compared to most traditional recipes where you have to boil milk and mess with a candy thermometer and such. This recipe is from Kraft of all places and only gives you a time to cook the fudge rather than a temperature so you don’t need any special tools. My sister introduced me to this fudge about 7 years ago and I’ve been making it every year since! I added the crushed candy canes on top each year for Christmas and if you love peppermint you can even add a little peppermint extract to the fudge right before it cools. I love how buttery and chocolately it is. Also that it was so easy my kids helped me make it. They mixed it and poured in all the ingredients for me. It’s a perfect treat to make for neighbors or if you’re having company for Christmas, make this a day or two before. It keeps well!

Candy Cane Fudge (adapted from Kraft’s Fantasy Fudge recipe here):

  • 3 c. sugar
  • 3/4 c. butter
  • 1 - 5 oz. can of evaporated milk
  • 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 (7 oz) jar of marshmallow creme
  • 1 tsp of vanilla
  • optional: 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract
  • 1/2 package of candy canes, crushed
  • *Note if you don’t add candy canes, it is delicious with a cup of chopped walnuts

Spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray. Bring sugar, butter and evaporated milk to full rolling boil in 3-qt. saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook 4 min, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.

Add chocolate and marshmallow creme; stir until melted. Add nuts and vanilla (and/or peppermint extract); mix well. Pour into prepared pan; spread to cover bottom of pan. Immediately top with crushed candy canes before fudge starts to set. Cool completely. Cut into squares.Easy Candy Cane FudgeEasy Candy Cane Fudge

0 comments:

Post a Comment