Monday, September 16, 2013

Cottage Cheese Strawberry Muffins

  No comments    
categories: , ,
Strawberry Muffins
On Sunday mornings I love to get up before my family and make a nice breakfast, but let’s be honest that is happening less and less lately! I am so tired these days. However I couldn’t sleep Sunday morning and everyone was still asleep so I decided to make some muffins. I had no blueberries or raspberries so I wasn’t sure what kind of muffins to make. I hopped onto Pinterest and found this Strawberry Muffin recipe from Baked Perfection…
We had all the ingredients except Greek yogurt so I decided to try out the cottage cheese I had in the fridge. I love how they turned out—they were light and fluffy, and the cinnamon flavor combined with the fresh strawberry flavor was a really great mix! I might even try a crumb topping next time (the recipe called to dust the tops with sugar before cooking).
Strawberry Muffins
recipe from Baked Perfection
recipe makes 12 muffins
2 eggs
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cups Greek yogurt (I used cottage cheese)
1 1/2 cups diced strawberries
sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
In a medium bowl mix together flour, salt, and baking soda. In a large bowl beat together eggs and sugar. Mix in oil, vanilla, and Greek yogurt. Mix dry ingredients into wet mixture (be sure not to over-mix, batter will be lumpy). Gently fold in strawberries. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups so they are 2/3 of the way full.  Dust each muffin with sugar
Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
I also didn’t use muffin cups, but just sprayed the pan with cooking spray. We can’t stand when half the muffin sticks to the paper cups and you lose so much of it! We’ve also found they save better without the cup because the bottom doesn’t get dry.
IMG_0454

0 comments:

Post a Comment