Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Bengali 5 Spice Roasted Chicken w/Veggies

  1 comment    
categories: , ,

I’ve been terrible about updating lately (well always, I guess). Here is a delicious Indian chicken recipe with yogurt and curry. Mmmmm. I found it in Sunset magazine, modified it based on the ingredients I had. I made it a couple nights ago; we loved it.IMGP1397

Ingredients: olive oil, mustard seed, coriander seed, cumin, bay leaves, curry powder, garlic, ginger, salt, yogurt, flour, chicken, carrots, potatoes, grapes. And for a side I made homemade rice pilaf.

Begin by cooking the seeds and spices, along with the ginger and garlic in a shallow pan with 3 tbsp. olive oil. Once the seeds start to pop, remove from heat. Add several pinches of salt and combine oil/spice mixture into bowl with 2 cups yogurt and several spoonfuls of flour mixed. Combine, then add chicken, veggies and grapes. Let marinate for 2 hours or overnight.

Once marinated, pour onto large baking sheet. Bake at 475 for 25 minutes and then broil to brown for another 5-10 minutes at the end. Enjoy!
IMGP1395IMGP1396

1 comment:

  1. Yum!! Why did I not know you had this blog?! Love it. What adorable framed monograms, too! It seems like all of these ideas pop into my head and I just don't do them... lots of inspiration from blogs like yours and etsy!! I just need to do it! Complete a project for once, Lor! Haha! And definitely take a look at that website and let me know if you join!! I love encouraging people on there when they're lacking the motivation for that day, and definitely need it sometimes myself!! :)

    ReplyDelete