We sure love cream pies around here. While cooking for company last night I was in desperate need of a dessert without many ingredients on hand. I had everything for a chocolate cream pie except for eggs (for the chocolate custard filling). I lucked out and found a recipe for chocolate cream pie filling with no eggs. And it was insanely delicious filling. I couldn’t stop eating it! I would make it again and just eat the filling like pudding if I didn’t have Oreos on hand for the crust next time ;)
I used this recipe from Food.com for Eggless Chocolate Cream pie filling for the filling and then just added an Oreo crust and whipped cream.
- Crust: 25 oreos, 1/4 c. butter melted
- Cream filling:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups milk (I used 1 c. heavy cream and 2/3 c. milk)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whipped cream: 3 c. heavy cream, 5 tbsp. white sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla
For the filling:
- Combine dry ingredients and gradually stir in milk/cream.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a slow boil, and stir constantly one minute.
- Remove from heat, and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Fill dessert dishes or pie shell, and chill until cool.
- Makes 4-6 pudding servings or filling for 8" pie.